Saturday, May 3, 2014

Last Post Post-Script

After writing my last blog post, finishing up with the surgeon saying my left leg is now a bit longer than my right, I went out to the village. I was wandering around in a gift shop, looking at cool stuff, when I realized my left leg felt significantly longer than the right. More than I had ever noticed before. It was disturbing, having just been thinking about living with different leg lengths, and not being so pleased about it.

Then I looked down at my feet, and saw that I was wearing two different shoes. I must have slipped them on without looking. They clogs feel similar enough that I hadn't noticed while, but the red one has a slightly thicker sole. No wonder that leg felt longer! I felt rather silly, yet relieved at the same time. I continued with my errands, telling the part of me that was concerned about embarrassment with the reassurance that people mostly just look at faces, not at feet.


Today's Quote: "They say 'put your best foot forward' but which one??" ~ Rolf Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment